Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Beneficial meditation exercises Unit 8

The two most beneficial and mentally challenging exercises I have come to enjoy are the loving kindness and visualization exercises. By using the loving kindness practice, I was better equipped to genuinely project and wish love, happiness and well being onto others. I was also able to surround myself with thoughts and feelings of self-love, compassion, understanding and acceptance. Through the visualization exercise I was able to lift my spirits whenever I was feeling down, overwhelmed, unappreciated and stressed. I used it as a way to remind myself that things won't always stay the same and that better things are to come.

As I continue to incorporate these practices into my daily living activities, I will find that they will become more beneficial and can be done almost seamlessly. However I must remember that just like physical exercise, mental exercise takes dedication, daily practice and discipline. To reap the benefits, I must continue my daily practices.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny, I picked the exact opposite exercises that you did. Reading your post made me realize that I may need to think more seriously about incorporating these into my life. Loving-kindness has so many benefits, not just for yourself, but for others as well that it shouldn't be ignored. I want to surround myself with love and kindness and lift my spirits as well. You are my inspiration, lol. Thanks for the reminder to practice daily. Might I suggest you try the other exercises daily too, or even weekly to start. Since you're doing so well with the other two, it should be easy to add. Since I'm going into the health care field, as a health care professional I think visualization and loving-kindness would be easy to advise to patients. They have enormous benefit with very little effort. Thanks for making me take a second look.

    ReplyDelete